Young Scientist Award
There will be three Young Scientist Awards offered in the 23rd ICRAV. The Young Scientist Awards are presented to young scientists who have made outstanding contributions to research and to encourage continued advancement of racing sciences.
The three Young Scientist Awards, each of US$2,000, will be presented to:
- One (1) analyst with the best oral presentation in the 23rd ICRAV;
- One (1) veterinarian with the best oral presentation in the 23rd ICRAV; and
- One (1) analyst/veterinarian with the best poster presentation in the 23rd ICRAV.
The applicants for the Young Scientist Awards must be:
- 40 years or less on 24 October 2020;
- A full or affiliate member of AORC or IGSRV, or a non-member having been accepted by the ICRAV Management Committee to attend the 23rd ICRAV;
- A presenting author of an accepted oral or poster presentation at the 23rd ICRAV; and
- Attending the 23rd ICRAV in full.
Applicants of the Young Scientist Awards are also eligible to apply for the Travel Grants if the stated criteria are fulfilled. The adjudicating panels’ decision is final. The Young Scientist Award recipients will be announced during the Gala Dinner on 29 October 2021. The Young Scientist Award recipients must submit a full manuscript of the awarding oral/poster presentation to the 23rd ICRAV Proceedings.
For the first time in ICRAV, there will be six Travel Grants. The Travel Grants are established to support active participation and attendance in ICRAV by young members of AORC or IGSRV.
The six Travel Grants, each of US$2,000, will be presented to three AORC and three IGSRV members based on the quality of their submitted abstracts. Each applicant can only submit one abstract for consideration for the Travel Grant.
Applicants for the Travel Grants must be:
- 35 years or less on 24 October 2020;
- A full or affiliate member of the AORC or IGSRV;
- A presenting author of an accepted oral or poster presentation at the 23rd ICRAV;
- Attending the 23rd ICRAV in full;
- From out of the hosting city;
- Having attended no more than one ICRAV in the past;
- Nominated by their employing racing jurisdiction or laboratory. A nomination letter must be submitted with the application.
Applicants of the Travel Grant may also apply for the Young Scientist Award if the stated criteria are fulfilled. The adjudicating panel's decision is final. The results of the Travel Grants will be announced with the abstract acceptance announcement in early July 2021 through email.
The application deadline for both Young Scientist Awards and Travel Grants is 31 May 2021.
- Abstract of your presentation;
- Your Curriculum Vitae;
- A scanned copy of your passport / identification document with your date of birth;
- A nomination letter from your employer, either a racing jurisdiction or laboratory (for the application of Travel Grants) to the conference editor Chantal Gordon Gentil by email at email@example.com
The format of the submitted abstract must follow the Abstract Submission Guideline, except please state on the email subject line, ICRAV YSA* / TG* / YSA and TG* – (lead author’s name) – (full title of abstract). [*delete as appropriate]
Receipt acknowledgements will be sent within two weeks after the submission of the abstracts. Abstracts of Young Scientist Award and Travel Grant candidates will also be considered by the scientific programme panel for oral or poster presentation in the 23rd ICRAV regardless of the application outcome.